As 30th Dec 2008 was my due date and since I haven't given birth, my gynae Dr. Ramesh advised me to check-in into Rafflesia Medical Centre, Penampang for an inducement. RAFFLESIA MEDICAL CENTRE is a privately owned medical centre offering primary and specialized tertiary healthcare services. RMC is located in Taman Millenium, Penampang along the Jalan Lintas highway. So, off we go to RMC. Arrived there around 7:30am and proceed to the 1st Floor where I register myself. Wanted a 2-bedded room and there was none available at that time so, I settled into a 1-bedded room and there were so kind enough to give me another bed for hubby to sleep. The room was quite comfortable. I had my own bathroom and tv (only RTM1,2 and I think TV3, sorry no Astro). There was something wrong with the air-cond but didn't bother to complaint at that time. The nurses started putting the ....hmmm...what's that called...fetal ECG to my tummy. This is to observe the fetal heart rate during contractions, which gives the obstetrician information about how the baby is tolerating labor.
So, hubby and I waited, and waited, and waited till noon. But nothing happen...and so we waited, and waited again. Still nothing happen. It was already after 2 or 3om that I was getting hungry. So, hubby went to tapau nasi goreng after seeking permission from the nurse.
Around 5:20pm, suddenly I felt a sharp pain..(since this is my 1st pregnancy donno much about contraction but heard it's like menses pain but it's more painful). Told hubby and he started counting..2min, 2min..that's when he quickly called the nurse to check me. Now, I know that's how the contraction pain is...hehe. I was already 2cm dilated.
Around 9pm++, can't stand the pain. Told to get the Dr. Ramesh and opt for a c-section. But Dr. Ramesh advice me to just tahan. But how to tahan if it's really painful. At last, I was given a painkiller jab on my buttocks. But it didn't helped either. Mum was putting Holy Oil on my forehead and tummy. I was sweating...and crying..:(.
Around 11pm, told hubby to get the nurse again. This time, I REALLY cannot tahan. I gave up in trying to deliver normal. Everything was so fast, I was asked to sign a Form and the nurses was getting me ready for the c-section, changed into the hospital gown, do whatever is necessary. Wanted hubby to be in the Operating Room but when hubby asked the nurse she says that since this is an emergency c-section, tidak perlu masuk.
Finally, Dr. Ramesh pulled baby Zander Avantang out of my open tummy at 11:54pm..(6min to 31Dec). Weight: 3.45kg, Lenght: 50cm, Head: 3.3cm......can't believe it that I'm a Mommy at the end of 2008.
Spent New Year at RMC with hubby. Check-out from RMC on the 2Jan 2009.
Mommy and Daddy loves you dear Zander...

No comments:
Post a Comment